Today could be the beginning
Today could be the beginning.
Of what? You might be asking?
Of the getting.
And this getting
Is to the underpinning.
Underpinning of life's strifes,
So that my struggles will suffice.
Underpinning the beginning
Of my downward spiral spinnings.
Sometimes, depression can come from nowhere;
At first, I feel fine
But then bad out of thin air.
Loneliness festers--
It comes in light as a feather --
Isolated as an only child,
Few friends and family members
That I can depend on
When the battle gets so long.
So, I feel so alone.
Last but not least, withdrawal.
It's so unusual,
It's like being in a cacoon--
In my shell,
When before,
I'd never be a bore.
Now, I'm so shy,
I'd let all the conversation go by.
These are the signs,
These are the results,
Of past trauma
I'd forgotten before.
Comments
Post a Comment